You can help the HIKE Foundation as we strive to make significant gains in reading access and awareness by the year 2020.
This support will help us address the critical reading needs of low-income children and their families across America.
READ 2020 Goals:
- 5,000 In-School Read and Rise Family Events Hosted
- 5 Million at-risk students and their siblings connected with self-selected books
- 3.5 Million Books distributed
- $8 Million Scholastic Dollars earned and spent by participating schools
- Significant reduction in drop-outs in communities supported by HIKE and Read and Rise
We are seeking community organizations; public and private foundations, corporations and government agencies that would like to help the HIKE Foundation Fund Read and Rise Family Events all across the US.
In order to provide the Read and Rise event to a low-income school, parents and their students at no charge, the HIKE Foundation seeks Community Reading Alliances to help fund the events in schools.
Read and Rise Events include:
- Week-long Scholastic Read and Rise Book Fair: Every student receiving a Reading Certificate allowing them to select a book or books to add to their home library.
- Parent / Family Reading Workshop: Educates parents on how to make reading a habit at home. Each participating parent receives a Read and Rise Family Reading Handbook.
- Family Build-a-Book Activity: Each student receives a Build-a-Book kit complete with everything they need to work with their parent in building a book together.
- School Facilitator Professional Development: Helps school administrators and Reading Specialist better understand how to connect with their families through Read and Rise.
We welcome you to participate by sponsoring the HIKE Foundation Read and Rise Initiative in your city or sponsor a school, classroom or individual.